Miu Miu Fall/Winter 2012 Paris Fashion Week Beauty Recap
Designer Miuccia Prada time traveled back to the 1970′s for the Fall 2012 Miu Miu collecion. Redken Creative Consultant Guido Paulo was inspired by the larger-than-life pantsuits within the collection and created a looped “sideburn” on one side of the face.
“The look at Miu Miu today is a very seventies look – I created loops on either side that are inspired by sideburns, but for girls. So the sideburn-like -loop gives it a little bit of a masculine feel, but the rest of the hair is very simple. This simplicity is great as the makeup’s quite fun- so it creates a nice balance.” –Guido Paulo, Redken Creative Consultant
Create the Look:
- Start with damp dry hair and apply Redken satinwear 02.
- Blow-dry just the top of the head so it’s smooth but leave the mid-lengths to ends of the hair to dry naturally.
- Mist mid-lengths to ends with Nature’s Rescue radiant sea spray to give a natural texture.
- Create a slightly off-center part which is meant look a little boyish.
- Take a small section on each side of the face from underneath the bang section and create a loop which stays close to the face, and tuck the end of the loop behind the ear and clip so it stays in place.
- Stick it to the face using Redken fashion work 12 and remove the clip.