Muted Tones of Spring: Tips For Wearing Pastel And Eight Picks
Pastels have never been more perfect than they are now for Spring 2012. Celebs and fashionistas everywhere are donning the latest soft hued looks.
Are you looking to turn down the bright color wattage in your wardrobe a notch or two? Here are a few tips to keep in mind when wearing pastels:
- When color blocking with pastels, DO keep it simple by selecting two colors and pairing with a neutral such as white or beige.
- Pick a color and DO consider going with a monochromatic color scheme and coordinate different tints and shades of that color.
- Wondering what pastels to coordinate with each other? Have a peek at this pastel color wheel. Colors that are adjacent to each other are most complimentary of each other. Analogous color schemes (side by side) work with each other, as well. For instance the pastel blues work with the pastel greens and so forth.
Eight Pastel Picks
- SPRING TREND: Pretty In Pastels (hellobeautiful.com)
- Rachel Roy’s Tip for the Color-Shy: Get a Pastel Blazer (news.instyle.com)
- Celebrity Manicures: Spring Pastels! (news.instyle.com)