Carol’s Daughter Beauty Launch Event: The Transitioning Movement
This week, I had the pleasure of attending a launch event for beauty brand, Carol’s Daughter where three new additions were introduced: a groundbreaking 3-step transitioning kit, a new hair milk collection and a new site called the transitioningmovement.com.
Founder and President Lisa Price is a phenomenal business woman with an amazing success story. Years ago, her passion led her to create homespun fragrance oils, body butters and hair pomeades for family and friends. Then word began to spread, the demand grew and voila – fast forward just a few years later, and now, her brand can be found in Carol’s Daughter stores, Carolsdaughter.com, Sephora, Macy’s, Dillards, Ricky’s, and HSN.
Products introduced at the event include:
Groundbreaking 3-step transitioning kit. Available June 2012
Created for women who want to give up perm relaxers that chemically straighten natural hair textures. The kit includes:
- Purifying Low-Poo Cleanser – locks in hairs moisture, detangles and prevents breakage.
- Renewing Scalp Spray – Gentle exfoliation promotes healthy scalp and follicles.
- Restoring Anti-Breakage Treatment – Strengthens hair to prevent breakage when detangling or styling.
The perfect recipe used for the product includes: Biotin, Soy Protein, Sugarcane, Vera Fruit, Olive Oil, Coconut, and Murumuru Seed Oil.
The New Hair Milk Simple. Perfect. Curls. Collection Available July 15, 2012
If you have naturally curly hair and happen to be looking for the perfect product to lock in your curls when wearing wet..this is for you:
- Co-Wash Cleansing Conditioner – Creamy cleanser that leaves the hair manageable and moisturized.
- Original Leave-In Moisturizer – An intense and richly creamy moisturizer.
- Lite Leave-In Moisturizer – A lightweight lotion that’s moisturizing.
- Pudding Style. Define. Hold. – A styling pudding that doesn’t weigh down the hair.
The perfect recipe used for the product includes: Agave Nectar, Cocoa and Shea Butters, Pro-Vitamin B5, Soybean, Wheat Germ, Avocado Oils and Guar Gum.
At the event, I was interested in learning more about the new transitioning kit, especially because harsh chemicals really can take a toll on hair.Interested in hearing what Lisa Price shared with me about the transitioning kit? You can listen here, press the arrow icon to play:
**All Event Photos Taken By Naima Turner