Natural, grunge and glamour are all keywords that describe the direction Redken Creative Consultant, Guido thought of when creating hairstyles for the Spring 2014 Alexander Wang collection. To create an overall, nonchalant, yet sexy runway look, Guido added thickening lotions and texturizers to the hair, to create volume without altering the model’s natural texture with teasing or heat styling.
“Overall it’s a very sexy look this season. I wanted the hair to reflect the cool, low-key Alexander Wang type girl. I suppose there are equal parts grunge and glamour, in that the hair is voluminous, yet natural.” says Guido
Want to create the look at home before next Spring?
- Towel dry hair
- Create a messy center part with finger
- Apply thickening lotion 06 body builder from root to ends, concentrating product on the roots
- Start drying hair with a diffuser to keep the natural waves
- Once the hair is 75% dry, allow the hair to dry naturally
- Add powder refresh 01 aerosol hair powder/dry shampoo to mid length and ends to give more texture.
- Apply quick tease 15 backcombing finishing spray to mid length and ends to hold in the texture
Redken Products Used:
–powder refresh 01 aerosol hair powder/dry shampoo
–quick tease 15 backcombing finishing spray