Although the summer is far behind, the love for the side braid still lives on. The fun, youthful look was a hit on the Fall 2013 runway and happens to be a great look for a laid back day. But, if you insist on wearing the look for a night out, try creating a playful messy look.
For a sleek and perfect version, try following the steps below by Redken Creative Consultant Guido used to create the look for the Fall 2013 Valentino runway.
1. Apply Redken satinwear 02 prepping blow dry lotion to damp hair from roots to ends and blow-dry straight with a boar bristle brush.
2. Create a clean center part, and then use a fine tooth comb to brush hair to one side (the side that the braid will fall on- in the show it was the models’ left) from the back (so center part stays intact).
3. Tuck the side of the hair you will braid behind the ear and then rub a small amount of satinwear 02 into your hands to help you as you start to braid, beginning a few inches down from the neck, keeping your wrists and elbows low as you go.
4. Create a braid that’s smooth but not too tight, and secure with an elastic at the tip, leaving only an inch or two unbraided at the end.
6. Slide the leather band over the head so that it rests 2-3 inches back from the forehead and covers the front of the ears.