Ready to make a hair statement this Spring inspired straight from the runway? For his Spring/Summer 2015 collection, South African designer David Tlale depicted the essence of a woman’s strength through elegant and powerful femininity.
“This collection is about giving women back their power and equipping them with a strong and confident sense of allure, without losing their essence and femininity,” said David.
In effort to have his vision represented in the presentation of the model’s hair, David called on Motions Salon Hair Care Celebrity Stylist Ursula Stephen. She created a look with modern edge which both parties referred to as authentic and chic.
1) Starting with dry hair, create a defined center part and begin braiding at the hairline, carefully continuing a thin, definitive braid down the center-part using a “cornrow” technique until reaching the crown, and then using a standard 3-strand technique. Use Motions® Shine Enhancing Pomade on fingertips while braiding to smooth hair and provide a better grip
2) Next, section the top portion of hair in a horseshoe shape and secure with clips. Then tease the remaining hair in sections from root to ends to create some body and texture
3) Using a flat brush, gently smooth the surface of the teased hair and section into two halves, securing each with a clear elastic. Carefully roll each section under, securing tightly with pins and shaping the hair into a “faux bob”
4) Remove the horseshoe section of hair from clips and use a crimping iron to create texture, spraying the Motions® Light Hold Working Spritz on each section. Once crimps are set, gently brush out and carefully lay hair over the faux bob foundation, tucking under with pins
5) Set the look with a bit of Motions® Light Hold Working Spritz
Surely, Celebrity Stylist Ursula Stephen’s Faux Bob Is A Must-Try For 2015!