**This post is dedicated to Aunt Debbie, who my family lost to Breast Cancer. We love and miss you dearly Aunt Debbie, R.I.P.**
Its true what they say – beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But, with these brands, beauty is in their hearts for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. So, if you happen to be out shopping and fulfilling those beauty pampering needs of yours, keep the following brands top of mind.
- As a breast cancer survivor, renowned hair stylist, curl expert and mother, Ouidad launched Curls for a Cure®. Her support for the cause is year-round on behalf of the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. When customers make an Ouidad purchase, she welcomes them to make a donation of their choosing towards breast cancer research. Ouidad matches any amount donated, dollar for dollar, up to $50,000!
- Through the National Breast Cancer Foundation, AHAVA is helping to find a cure for breast cancer with AHAVA Hope Blossoms Mineral Bath Salts. For every purchase of AHAVA Hope Blossoms, AHAVA will make a 10% donation to the National Breast Cancer Foundation in support of their mission to help fund research and promote education and early detection. Available at AHAVAUS.
- Shiseido is supporting Breast Cancer Awareness this season by donating $5 from every purchase of the new high-shine, hot pink, liquid lip color, Lacquer Rouge in Disco to Cancer & Careers during the month of October.
- Nails Inc., has launched a “Paint Your Pinkie Pink” campaign with the creation of a limited-edition pink glitter nail polish. In effort to raise awareness on behalf of the Breast Cancer Campaign, the Nails Inc polish which will retail at $10. $1 (10%) from every nail polish sale will be donated to Breast Cancer Campaign. Available exclusively at Sephora.com.
- Each year, hair tool brand, Cricket Company, launches new products within their limited-edition Breast Cancer Awareness line, called Pink. The brand takes some of their best-selling products, whips them up in a hot pink shade, repackages them and donates proceeds to Breast Cancer Research to help find a cure. And, I’ve been told that the nifty flat iron, is small enough to fit in the palm of your hand.
- Color care for a cause and Biolage has packaged together the cult-favorite Colorcaretherapie collection for Breast Cancer Awareness month. The kit ($11.95) includes shampoo, conditioner, Color Bloom Masque and Shine Shake Spray. $1 from the purchase of each kit will be donated to the Regis Foundation for Breast Cancer Research. Matrix will be donating about $22K in total from all sales of this kit.
- Elemis Think Pink has created a beauty kit with proceeds included in a £10K GBP donation to the Breast Cancer Care Awareness fund. The kit includes limited edition Award-Winning Pro-Collagen Marine Cream, limited edition Pro-Collagen Lifting Treatment Neck & Bust and Quiet Mind Bath Elixir. Price: $65, Available at www.timetospa.com
- IMAN Cosmetics is partnering with the Intercultural Cancer Council (ICC) by donating 20% of proceeds from the brand new IMAN Pink Luxury Lip Stain during the month of October. The Intercultural Cancer Council (ICC) promotes policies, programs, and research to eliminate the unequal burden of all cancers, including breast cancer, among racial and ethnic minorities and medically underserved populations in the United States. Profits will be dedicated to help establish and develop the IMAN Cosmetics Breast Cancer Screening & Educational Program which will focus on efforts to detect breast cancer at a very early stage and assist women in diverse communities. Individuals with limited incomes and those uninsured or under-insured, will have the opportunity to attend free and low cost breast cancer screenings and educational sessions. In addition, the brand will gift a $20,000 flat donation to the IMAN Cosmetics Breast Cancer Screening & Educational Program to further expand the program’s efforts and cause. Participating retailers include Target.com and Drugstore.com. $10.00 USD
- For Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Palmer’s will donate 15 percent of the sales (with a minimum donation of $100,000) of specially marked bottles of the following classic Cocoa Butter Formula products to Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Such products include: Cocoa Butter Formula Swivel Stick ($2.70), Cocoa Butter Formula Lotion ($4.50), Cocoa Butter Formula Massage Lotion for Stretch Marks ($6) and Cocoa Butter Formula Skin Therapy Oil ($10.99).
- Throughout the month of October, Streekers and TouchBack BrowMarker has partnered with the National Breast Cancer Coalition. 100% of proceeds from the sales of both Streekers in Pink and TouchBack BrowMarker in Blonde will be donated to the NBCC to help fund research supporting their goal of ending breast cancer by January 1, 2020. As a matter of fact, TouchBack BrowMarker in Blonde was created specifically for women who have lost their brows due to chemotherapy.
- Get a hold on the mane idea with Mane Message and 20% of the profits will go to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
- For Breast Cancer Awareness month, Stila cosmetics, has created beauty sets with the Positively Pink Cheek Palette and the Courage and Beauty Travel palette. For each purchase, $1 of proceeds will go to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. The Stila Positively Pink Cheek Palette, ($16) is a multi-colored pressed powder blush with a luxe, velvety finish and embossed pink ribbons for a positively glowing flush. And, the Stila Courage & Beauty Travel Palette contains five eye shadows, which can be worn wet or dry, a Convertible Color for lips and cheeks, a mirror and a face chart. Both retail for $16 and will be available in October 2012 at www.stilacosmetics.com