Last night’s 87th Academy Awards honored the best films of the year and stars showed off glamorous, elegant and chic hairstyles to compliment their red carpet look! Hairstylist Jenny Balding, Cutler/Redken Stylist, shares her favorite Oscar 2015 hair looks with tips on how you can recreate these looks for your own special red carpet inspired evening affair.
Margot Robbie‘s Deep Side Part Sleek Bob
This sleek style proves that an updo isn’t necessarily the best option for evening wear. Margot Robbie accents her Saint Laurent gown with a sleek, just above the shoulder, deep side part bob.
- Ask your stylist for a cut just above your shoulder with a very subtle slant towards the front
- Part your hair into a deep side part, whichever side suits your face shape best.
- Blow dry smooth and straight, slightly bend the ends so it is not stick straight.
- Finish by using Redken Diamond Oil Airy mist for glossy finish.
Reese Witherspoon‘s Luxurious Smooth Wave
- Create a precise middle part
- Blow dry using a large round brush creating a wave throughout the mid-length to the ends.
- Take the section in front of the ear on both sides and smooth back into a small ponytail at the nape.
- With a small oval type brush, blend the back and front together.
- Mist Redken Fashion Works hairspray throughout for versatile hold and shine.