Oh, what a night! The 2013 Golden Globes red carpet featured lots of gorgeous dresses. Among the fabulous trends were:
1) COLOR – There were some starlets who stepped out in colors such as sea foam green, plum and red. Jennifer Lawrence (Dior Haute Couture), Claire Danes (Versace), and Zooey Deschanel (Oscar de la Renta) all chose to sizzle and lead as ladies in red.
2) BLACK – What’s more sophisticated, simple and chic than wearing black? Sarah Hyland (Max Azria), Katherine McPhee (Theyskens Theory) and Sofia Vergara (Michael Cinco) looked fabulous.
3) NUDE TONES – Neutral tone gowns on the red carpet were anything but boring. Starlets who chose the classic tone were Amanda Seyfried (Givenchy Couture), Kerry Washington (Miu Miu), and Megan Fox (Dolce & Gabbana).
4) SHEER – Light, airy textures add a sense of mystique and simple sophistication and happens to be the perfect trend for formal events like the Golden Globes. Celeb fashionistas Julia Louis – Dreyfus (Vera Wang), Rachel Weisz (Louis Vuitton), and Julianna Margulies (Pucci) – all chose gorgeous sheer gowns.
5) SPARKLE – A few starlets shined in dresses that sparkled, such as, Emily Blunt (Michael Kors), Julianna Hough (Monique Lhuillier), Olivia Munn (Giorgio Armani).
6) MERMAID SILHOUETTES – Nothing is more va-va-voom than a dress that plays up a woman’s curves. Amy Adams (Marchesa), Taylor Swift (Donna Karan), and Jessica Alba (Christian Dior) all went for a little “mermaid” twist with their gowns.